Monday, April 5, 2010

Adventures of Mine: My Dream: Night of April 5-6, 2010

I am sitting on a grass hill all alone, feeling the breeze.  At that very moment, I see Archana Puran Singh passing by me and going to a casket placed in front of me and paying her homage to the dead guy.  Suddenly, all big hot shots of the industry start to do the same.  I see almost everyone including the Khans, Roshan, Kumars, and various actresses.  I ask an old man sitting beside me that whether he needs any help to go there.  He says he has already done that and now he would like to go home.

 

I help him to get to the parking stand where I see Tulip Joshi.  I go up to her and kiss her on the cheek.  She asks who I am.  I said doesn’t she remember me, I am Kshitij.  She says oh Kshitij, you are friend of my sister Tulip.  I am her twin sister.  I was shocked by the resemblance.  Tulip also arrives and I kiss her.  They tell me that they are late or their coaching classes, they were holding some copies in their hands.  I told them that I always kind of suspected that they had a twin sibling.  They smiled and went away.

 

I start my Scooty Streak and I am returning home too, where I see Lokesh in a railway naka.  I wave at him and I ask kahan tha be.  He said tu kahan tha.  I said yahin peeche ek party thi, main jaldi aa gaya.  He tells me that he would like to go there.  We go there and everything looks different.  Instead of grassy hill, it’s a flat ground with camps and we enter one camp, there is one naked woman inviting us, we run from there.

 

CUT TO:

 

Its some party setting, where everyone is dressed in black and there is no music.  Suddenly, Suniel arrives and music starts, first disco and then birthday music and every one, Nauheed, Sophie, Tulip (faces I remember from dream) starts singing “Happy birthday to you” and all looking at me.  I am really touched that they have thrown party for me.  I had no idea about it.  Though I am little happy that its all happening, I am little sad too, coz she is not there with whom I would like to spend the evening.  Nauheed says Kshitij look there, I hope you are talking about her.  I look there and there she is, standing in a black t-shirt and a blue jeans, Priyanka Roy, looking so gorgeous that it cant be described in words.

 

I almost cried looking at her coz I know how hard it must have been for her to come here.  We hugged and kissed and danced together all evening.

 

CUT TO:

 

I am in Jaipur with a weird family, where everyone is just too nice.  Its one of the biggest joint families I have seen.  An old man is very sick and all the relatives from india and from abroad have gathered.  They all seem to like me and doing all the things for me as soon as I say them.  I am feeling very important.  Kids love me too.  A family from US loves me almost as their son and their children a boy and his little sister, always playing around me.  I am feeling okay here.

 

CUT TO:

 

So its my first day of job here, I have got a desk job that I have no idea what I need to do here.  But reason is enough for me to work here coz this is the place where Priyanka works and she will be in front of my eyes always.  She is wearing the same black t-shirt and blue jeans, looking gorgeous as always.  I am at my desk when I try to explain something to my mom and kity, when Priyanka gives me an eye.  And I see her hand.  She gives me signal to follow her.  I follow her.  We go to back of the office, where we again hug and kiss.  While we were doing it, I see a man standing a littler further with a pressure cooker in his hand.  I don’t give it much importance.  Now I return to my desk when I see a camera pointed at the place where me and Priyanka were kissing.  I shout “who has placed this camera there, remove it.”  Boss of the company comes and says yes, the place of the camera shouldn’t be there.  Place it here.  He points to the place where we were doing it.  I fill with frustration.

 

He asks me whether I know what my job is.  I say no.  He tells me that I am a broker and my job is to take orders from all the pressure cooker manufacturing agents.  I say oh I see.  Now I understand why that man was standing with pressure cooker in his hand.  I ask him whether I can spend a day with another broker and learn how its done.  He asks how much I am going to make him suffer for 1000 bucks.  I realize that my salary is 1000 bucks.  I call priyanka and tell her that I was getting much more when I was working for focus and there is still chance to earn even more If I move to US.

 

CUT TO:

 

I get to know when and from where “ferry” for US goes.  I slip in.  I see outside while sitting on ferry.  I see that we are moving on a map.  I see Maldives, Caribbean passing by and with just one bag in my hand, I reach California and I stay at the family I met in Jaipur.  They were really nice to me again and their children play with me.  I leave their home and I go to an STD and I call Charu, that I have reached safe and I will be returning home very soon.  I ask the man whether this is actually Silicon Valley, they live in.  He tells me No.  Silicon valley is little further.  This is Santa Fe.  I say okay.

 

Suddenly I remember that I don’t have enough money to return home.  I look at my wallet.  I have 422 Rupees.  I need at least 700 to reach india.  I am troubled.  I cant even tell them this.  The woman of the house shows me her art work that she had made from clay and glass.  It was really wonderful to see.  I could have enjoyed it better if I didn’t have money trouble in my mind.  It was evening and it was time to say good bye.  They told me where I could bus to the harbor.  I leave their home.  I was worried coz I had enough money to reach harbor but certainly not enough to reach India.  I tell this to Tendulkar.  He said he too doesn’t have money at this time, else he would have helped me, also he is still has some time to leave US.  He says sorry.  I told him its okay, its not his fault.

 

As soon as I say this, I get a msg from my Kotak bank that my salary has been credited to my account.  I look at the amount.  Hurray, its enough for me to reach India.  Now I go to the bus stop, where I see a group of indian students.  They are having some fight with the bus conductor, about the exchange rates.  I go there and I try to solve that.  There are a few dollars missing.  I suggest them why don’t they buy oranges for that amount of money.  Their fight is resolved.  They all thank me.

 

We get into the bus.  They tell me that its better that I take aeroplane, since it costs the same and reaches faster.  Okay I tell the conductor to take me to the airport.  In the besides me and those indian students, there were sitting some US boys, who started to bully those indian students.  They made fun of them, and spit on them.  It was intolerable.  I ask indian students whether they are going to India.  They tell me, No, they have plans to jump off plane above the Caribbean, they want to enjoy sun and sand for some time.  I tell them that it’s a wonderful thought.  The bully people get off the bus at next stop and we reach the airport.  I get into the plane and I am on my way to India.  I see them jumping from the plane and I wonder whether the islands have arrived.  I look down and I see vast dark blue ocean with rings of white sand and the sun never shone brighter than this.  It was amazing.

 

I reach India.  It’s a beach and I pass by a small hotel where I see Sachin, eating dog meat.  I make a face.  He tells me that his work was finished sooner than he thought, so he took the ferry.  I don’t give him any answer and I leave that place.

 

Papa woke me up.

1 comment:

  1. waT a weirD Dream !! n DId ya pOLisH Or yu riLi remembr' Ol' O' iT !!

    ReplyDelete